BVCS Early Childhood Iowa is offering preschool scholarships for children residing in Buena Vista, Crawford, and Sac Counties who are attending a 3 or 4 year old preschool program. BVCS Early Childhood Iowa may pay up to $200 a month for the scholarship. Applications will be processed and approved by financial need. A sliding fee scale will be used to determine the amount paid to the preschool. Scholarship payments will begin in September or the month the completed application is received and approved. Parents are responsible for tuition payments until the application has been approved.
- Awards will be based on gross family income.
- Family income under 200% of the Health & Human Services Poverty Guideline with priority to children four years of age.
- Family income falls under the Health & Human Services Poverty Guidelines of 300% with priority to those under 200% of poverty guidelines.
- Children must be attending a 3 or 4 yr. old preschool program that has a signed agreement with BVCS Early Childhood Iowa.
- Children must turn 3 or 4 years of age by September 15, 2021.
- Parent/Guardian must fill out information below and return form to the preschool you wish to attend or the address listed on the scholarship.
- Parent/Guardian must attach proof of income. Proof can include pay stubs for one month or last year’s tax return pages 1 & 2 with Social Security numbers unreadable. Other form of income eligibility accepted include letters you qualify for: National School Lunch Program, Child Care Subsidy, LiHEAP, Weatherization, WIC, or Family Investment Program (FIP)
- Please send a copy of one of the listed proofs of income. They will not be returned.
- Parent/Guardian may be asked to fill-out a survey at the end of the year provided by BVCS Early Childhood Iowa.
Scholarships are dependent upon funding allocated to Buena Vista, Crawford, Sac Counties Preschool Scholarship Program.
Due date July 1st. Awards will be made after the August 1st. Preschool Scholarships will be accepted throughout the year; however, awards are dependent upon availability of funds.
Preschool Scholarship Applications 2023-2024 School Year
23-24 Preschool Scholarship Application English